Saturday, March 19, 2011

NRBQ: Al Anderson (self-titled) Vanguard 1972

Al Anderson's 1972 Vanguard solo album fulfilled his 5 year contract with Vanguard, and transitioned him from The Wildweeds to NRBQ -- the record features members from both bands.

http://webspace.webring.com/people/hq/qfan98/albums.htm

Al Anderson (self-titled)

Vanguard 1972 (LP VSD 79324)

Al Anderson (self-titled)

Vanguard 1972 (LP Vsq 40018 Quadrophonic issue)

Personnel: Al Anderson: guitar, vocals, electric piano; Tom Staley: drums, percussion; Al Lepak: bass; Jeff Potter: harp; Terry Adams: piano; Donn Adams: trombone.

Track Listing: Be My Woman Tonight; We'll Make Love; Ain't No Woman Fine Lookin'; You're Just Laughin' Inside; I Don't Believe I'll Stay Here Anymore; Honky Tonkin'; Goin' Back To Indiana; Don't Hold The Line; I Just Want To Have You Back Again; I Haven't Got The Strength To Carry On.

Status: LP OOP.



Al Anderson (self-titled) Re-Release
Vanguard Records 1998 (CD 79324-2)

Personnel: Al Anderson: guitar, vocals, electric piano; Tom Staley: drums, percussion; Al Lepak: bass; Jeff Potter: harp; Terry Adams: piano; Donn Adams: trombone.

Track Listing: Be My Woman Tonight; We'll Make Love; Ain't No Woman Fine Lookin'; You're Just Laughin' Inside; I Don't Believe I'll Stay Here Anymore; Honky Tonkin'; Goin' Back To Indiana; Don't Hold The Line; I Just Want To Have You Back Again; I Haven't Got The Strength To Carry On;

Bonus track: C'mon If You're Comin' featuring: Al Anderson, guitar and vocals; Bob Lapalm, guitar; Jeff Potter, harp; Bob Dudek, drums; Al Lepak, bass.

Status: CD in print.



Single:
We'll Make Love/I Just Want To Have You Back Again [Vanguard 35168]

No comments: